Restore Your Foundations of Nutrition
Where to start?
Essential nutrients are needed by your body to function properly.
Our health, mood and energy is dictated by what we eat. We need around 17 vitamins each day for good health but it’s hard get all of those from food. Why it’s so important to restore your nutrition:
- B Vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy liver, nervous system, skin and hair
- Vitamin K and B vitamins support a healthy heart
- Vitamins A, C and E support eye health
- B vitamins boost energy and reduce stress and anxiety
- Vitamins C, D and E strengthen the immune system and reduce allergy symptoms
The Restored's Foundations of Health
Your Feel Better Challenge
Building your foundation in nutrition doesn’t need to be complicated. Forget faddy diets or big lifestyles changes you can’t quite stick to… begin with introducing a couple of new habits, suggested by registered nutritionists Chloe and Alex, (co-founders of Health is Wealth), and start to notice those improvements to your health and wellbeing.
Hydration! Aim for 2 litres of water a day. Easy ways to do this?
- Every time you finish your glass or bottle, fill it back up straight away so it doesn’t sit empty for hours.
- Link drinking water to another daily habit. Drink a glass when you’re back from the look, or make sure you drink with every meal.
- You might be more inclined to drink water if it was a little more interesting. Why not add a slice of lemon?
Vegetables. Aim for at least 5 portions a day. You add these to your existing diet...
- Include spinach in a smoothie
- Try a vegetarian chilli so you can pack lots of variety in
- Soups are an excellent way to consume multiple servings of vegetables at once.
Eat the rainbow. Focus on consuming lots of different colour (of natural foods - Skittles don’t count!). Each colour has a different purpose in the body and the wider the variety, the better.
"Over 95% of mood regulating serotonin, (responsible for everything from social behaviour to quality of sleep, anxiety, memory and more) exists in the digestive system and as such, we make it a priority."Chloe & Alex
Co-Founders of Health is Wealth
Learn more about why nutrition is so important here:
Disclaimer: The materials and information provided on this website and/or any other communication from The Restored are strictly for informational purposes only and are not intended for use as diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a health problem or as a substitute for consulting a qualified medical professional. We always recommending seeking the advice of your doctor or GP.